http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/5/1/nation/17589719&sec=nation
Read the original article before you read my entry.
My personal opinion from this article: no neckties for health,please.
“The point is that neckties are not the most frequently washed apparel and there have been studies that show that neckties carry contaminants that could cause infection,” said Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) president Datuk Dr Teoh Siang Chin.
This would be dam true.Imagine KL general hospital.And imagine doctors with ties.How many people would die of pneumonia and blood infection?Million.
Health Ministry director-general Tan Sri Dr Ismail Merican said the policy of requiring doctors to wear their white coats, shirts and neckties would not change unless there was a “body of evidence” which proved that neckties caused infections to spread.
“It is a long established policy that we have had since Merdeka. Doctors must maintain their dignity and dress properly,” he said.
What body of evidence do you need,mister?Evidence of patients dying due to pneumonia and blood infections which viruses was transmitted from a necktie to patients?When patients die due to infection,the doctors are going to take the blame,not you, mister.
I'm don't think that doctors now are wearing jeans and casual t-shirts to work.They are still wearing collared working shirt and formal black pants,along with their lab coats on.
To me,my respect towards a doctor is build via his or her accuracy of diagnosis,not how he or she's first impression.As I study communications,I do acknowledge that people who appears confidence and well-dressed are more convincing than the others who are not.But it would be gone if I found the doctor is just piece of crap.
My personal experience;when I was in about..f2 or f3,my tummy was filled with air due to the reason that I didn't eat on time.And it was bloated very badly.I went to a doctor at Sentul,which she diagnosed me as something else which was much more serious,and she wrote me a letter so that I could have a thorough body scan at some other hospital with better equipments.Fortunately,my mom didn't trust her and she brought me to another doctor located at Tmn Maluri near Jusco.He diagnosed me as just having airs in tummy and gave me gastric pills and pills to release the air.After 2 days,I'm well again.
Another case from my ex.His face has grew a piece of flesh as big as a small pimple due to the reason he was using his hand to pluck his hairs down the chin and neck,and somehow it was not hygienic and something was stucked inside and caused the infection.He went back to his hometown at Sitiawan and he went to see a doctor.The doctor didn't know what was it and didn't know what has caused it to be it hence he suggested him to have a minor operation to cut it off.It cost about 300-400 back then,I think.But when I brought him to the doctor at Tmn Maluri,he explained the cause and gave him some cream to apply on it,after a week the piece of flesh was gone.
So what is all this man?Appear professional so what?You have no skills,you have no respect.Your patient die because of your mistake,your dignity as a doctor or as a human would be gone.Now is about dignity and human lives.Which is more important?
The rule of wearing a necktie to work,is just adding higher possibilities of patients being infected by pneumonia and blood infections.Mister,you're indirectly killing patients.A doctors' job is to save lives,not to kill,besides euthanasia,but that's another story.How practical would it be of wearing a tie and dry cleaning it at RM15 each everyday?Would your dignity vanished and gone within a second of you don't put on a tie?
Please weigh between lives and dignity.
No comments:
Post a Comment