Thursday, May 17, 2007

Something that keep me thinking...

My maid's absence and runaway have been bothering me.I've been bothered not because I'll die without a maid who is a good cook,but more towards her safety.I am quite sure her boyfriend must be some kind of Indonesian trafficker.I am not sure what will happen to her as I tried to call her hand phone again and again but it ended up engaged.

I don't want to see her ended up become a prostitute,and no return home forever.She have kids back in Indonesia.

Just browse through thestar online.Read some citizen's blog entries and it really keeps me wonder,what has gone wrong with us,Malaysians.For the sake of own benefits,such thing as human trafficking is wide spread in Malaysia and the victims are surely female workers from other countries.Malaysia robs Malaysian in order to survive.I'm not denying the fact of humans survival instinct drives people to do anything in order to survive,but is the fact that government is emphasizing on unity and we Malaysians are killing Malaysians.

A quote by the blogger, "I was visiting Qatar recently and I was amazed to find that the crime rate there is extremely low, close to zero percent. Even though the immigrant's percentage is very high there, I felt so much safer walking on the street at night among the immigrants compare to KL. I did not even need to have steering lock in my car."

Look at that.I am constantly worrying my own safety,and also others,even they has nothing got to do with me.But it's a life out there.You want to rob just rob la,wear mask or something go and rob,there's no need for killing dude.Again,none of us have the right to take away others's life,not even an animal.

I'm hoping that my maid will come back to my place to try to get her things so that I can call the police and send her back to Indonesia.Even though it might be harsh for her but I think its way better than ended up being a illegal prostitute and not returning home forever.

No comments: